Window Cleaning Tips
How To Avoid Those Streaks!
It can be a challenge and quite a skill to achieve streak-free windows when attempting window cleaning. We have put together a few hints and tips to try and help!
- Always start at the top and clean to the bottom, because the cleaning solution and water will drip down, working your way downwards will ensure no drips will land on the clean bits you have already washed.
- Choose the right day to clean your windows! A dry cloudy day is the best if it’s sunny you will be able to see the dirt more, but it can prematurely dry the window washing fluid leaving streaks and a residue. On a cloudy day, the cleaning solution will remain until you wipe it away so you should end up with a streak-free shine.
- Get the right tools for the job! A bucket of hot soapy water or one filled with window cleaning fluid, a squeegee, lint-free cloth are all musts for window cleaning.
- Homemade cleaning solutions, if you’d prefer to use something a bit more natural and more economical than your usual cleaning solution, we recommend you use 1-part distilled vinegar to 10 parts warm water. This can be used in a bucket or in a spray bottle, it should give a nice clear shine to your windows.
- Some people swear by using old newspapers to clean their windows, it can work well if you find cloths are not working for you, we suggest wearing gloves to save your hand from all that newspaper ink!
- Avoid getting any cleaner or solution on your woodwork or frames, many glass cleaners can cause damage to wood, place a small cloth at the windowsill to collect any drips and avoid using too much spray or solution.
The Crease Line Can Help You!
If all this window cleaning seems like hard work, why not let The Crease Line do it for you! We can offer a regular and reliable window cleaning service, for your internal and external windows, saving you from having to buy any window cleaning equipment and we guarantee a streak-free shine! We will clean your windows, sills, and doors leaving you with the perfect finish.
The Crease Lines window cleaning service offers you value for money and high standards, providing our window cleaning service to domestic, commercial, and office environments.